Bjelasica Trail 2023
NGO New Beginning, in cooperation with sponsors, organizes “Bjelasica Trail”, a mountain race on Mount Bjelasica.
Bjelasica Trail is a race that takes place on three different tracks
- 45 km: the race starts on August 6th at 07:00 am at the Kolasin: race limit 10 hours – the name of the race “The Three Lakes Trail”;
- 21km: the race starts on August 6th at 07:00 am at the Kolasin: race limit 6 hours – the name of the race “Ursa Minor”
- 10km: race start August 5th at 11:00am at the Kolasin: no race limit – the name of the race “Family Trail”
- 500m race for kids between 6 and 12 years old, start at 10:00am in town center August 5th.
The individual principle of runners in semi-autonomy is the rule.
Semiautonomy is defined as the ability to stand alone between two revolutions, not only in terms of food, but also clothing and safety, while adapting especially to the problems that have been encountered or anticipated (bad weather, physical problems, injuries …)
This principle is implied in the following rules:
The competitor takes part in the race at his own risk.
Each racer must have all of his required equipment with him during the race (see paragraph EQUIPMENT). The wearing of this equipment in the package must not be changed during the course. At any time during the race, controllers can examine the bag and its contents. The racer is obliged to accept these controls in a friendly manner, with the risk of being excluded from the race.
Resistant cells are supplied with food and on-site nappies. Only plain water (excluding other beverages) is intended for bottling or refilling bags. Each runner must be sure that after leaving each round he has the amount of water and food necessary to reach the next refreshment point.
Personal assistance is tolerated only at points of refreshment, in a zone specifically reserved for this purpose and with the consent of the head of the checkpoint. This assistance can only be provided by one person, with no specific equipment except one bag of a maximum capacity of 30 liters. The rest of the refreshment is strictly reserved for runners.
It is forbidden to be monitored or agrees to be monitored during the whole or any part of the race by a person not registered, beyond the tolerance zones (500m before and 500m after the checkpoint) indicated near the refreshments.
The competitor registers for the race through the site:
Registration starts from March 15th to August 4th August for the “The Three Lakes Trail” and “Ursa Minor”.
After this date, registrations are possible via contact e-mail or phone of the organizer, but we do not guarantee that you will receive a race shirt.
Note: Pre-registration does not mean much because the application is complete only after paying the entry fee, which is:
From March 15th to April 20th – 25 euros;
From April 20th to May 20th – 30 euros;
From May 20th to July 10th – 35 euros;
From July 10th to August 04th – 40 euros
The Three Lakes Trail:
From March 15th to April 20th – 35 euros;
From April 20th to May 20th – 40 euros;
From May 20th to July 10th – 45 euros;
From July 10th to July 31st – 55 euros
From July 31st to August 4th – 60 euros
The entry fee includes the following:
- Start number
- Mountain rescue team in case of injury
- Help and refreshments during the race
- Start package
- Food and drink on arrival
The entry fee can be paid to the bank account of the NGO New Beginning
Maximum number of participants
The maximum number of participants for all races is 750 runners.
The maximum number for a 45k race is 150 runners.
The maximum number for a 21k race is 150 runners.
The maximum number for 10k race is 250 runners.
If a competitor wishes to cancel his / her application, the cancellation must be notified by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- cancellation by 20th July 2023: 50% compensation
- cancellation after 20th July 2023: no compensation
Exchange of start numbers is prohibited. The registration fee cannot be transferred to another person.
If the race is canceled due to circumstances beyond our control up to 15 days before the race, the organization reserves the right to refund 50% of the admission fee. This percentage is calculated to allow the organization to cover part of the costs incurred.
If the race is canceled or stopped due to climatic reasons, or for any other reason beyond our control, no registration fees will be refunded.
Cancellation of registration in case of violation
In case of non-chrono-articular or muscular injury of the runner, unique in this situation, inflicted after registration and cannot be completely cured until the day of the race, the organization recommends that the injured runner does not take unnecessary risk and cancel his registration for the current year. in a future race.
Any request for delay must reach us, with a complete medical report (detailed injury report and X-ray results confirming the diagnosis) no later than 25th July. Any incomplete report will be rejected.
Requests will be processed by 31th July at the latest. The medical advisor will adjudicate the case and his decision is final.
If the opinion of the medical advisor is favorable, the runner will benefit from priority registration for the same race in the future.
Entry fee can be paid to NGO account New Beginning number: 535-17342-45 for payments from Montenegro.
Entry fee can be paid via official website for registration with credit card.
- OBLIGATORY EQUIPMENT
It is compulsory for athletes to have the following equipment, for the entire duration of the race:
- basic first aid kit (plaster, a pair of sterile gauze, linings, curtains)
- a tank for water or bottles containing at least one liter of liquid;
- start number visible for the full length of the race;
- Drinking glass or water bottle (refreshments can not be bathed for drinks in the refreshments);
- Roadmap (data provided by the organizer);
- The mobile phone is turned on but stored in silent mode;
- appropriate shoes
- lamp (spare battery);
- energy bars;
The required equipment can be carried by a runner or held in a backpack.
The required equipment will be checked during the takeover of the stratum number, and random checks will be carried out on the track during the race.
It is recommended to carry the following equipment:
- wind in case of bad weather conditions in higher areas;
- long-sleeved shirt;
- cap, cap or bandanna;
- sun cream;
- small amount of money for possible purchase of food in mountain shelters and / or shops in the villages;
- elastic bandages.
Use of sticks is allowed. If a competitor decides to use them, he must take care of them from the start to the end of the race. The competitor must wear the rods in such a way that it does not pose any danger to other runners.
Each start number is individually handed to each runner based on:
- photographic identity,
- racing package and all your required equipment
The starting number must be worn on the chest or stomach and must be permanent and fully visible throughout the race. It must therefore be placed above clothing. The sponsor’s name and logo must not be changed or hidden.
The number of the race is the passage required to reach the shuttle, buses, refreshments, medical assistance, areas of rest, showers, areas for deposit or recovery of spare parts bags … Except in case of refusal to comply with organizer’s decisions, the starting number has never been withdrawn , but is deactivated in the event of a cancellation.
Location for taking starting number and packages will be announced few days before the race.
- SPARE BAGS
Every competitor gets with his start number and bag for personal belongings / equipment. Once filled with his belongings and closed, the bag can be disposed of immediately before starting at a particular place.
Bags are returned to either the competitor or his companion at finish of the race.
The organizers will definitely not send bags to the home addresses of the competitors. Bags not picked up until this time will be destroyed for hygienic reasons.
Only the bags provided by the organization will be transported. Sticks can not be transferred inside these bags.
Any content complaint on arrival is not acceptable. It is recommended that they do not place valuable things in bags
- 45 km: the race starts on August 6th at 07:00 am at town center: race limit 10 hours – the name of the race “The Three Lakes Trail”;
- 21km: the race starts on August 6th at 07:00 am at town center: race limit 6 hours – the name of the race “Ursa Minor”
- 10km: race start August 5th at 11:00am at the Kolasin: no race limit – the name of the race “Family Trail”
- 500m race for kids between 6 and 12 years old, start at 10:00am in town center August 5th
Kilometers are marked (5km, 10km, etc.). The competitors therefore strictly observe the marked routes and avoid taking shortcuts or cutting parts of the route. Any departure from the official track, except for disqualification, will be the only risk for the competitors.
- SECURITY AND CONTROL POINTS
First-aid posts are positioned in different places throughout the course. These calls are in radio or telephone connection with the headquarters. The medical control team is present during the entire duration of the event at the control headquarters of the race.
Rescue sites aim to provide assistance to all who are at risk with special funds for the organization or registered.
If seems to be a runner in a serious situation or seriously injured to call for help:
- personally, goes to the point of first aid;
- call the track controller;
- Ask another runner to notify first-aiders.
It is essential that each runner help anyone who is in danger and informs the first aid point.
Remember, due to environmental issues and the type of event, the first aid may have to wait longer than expected. Therefore, your safety depends on the quality of the materials you have in your backpack.
A racetracker who calls a doctor or savior is submitting himself to the administration and is committed to accepting his decisions ..
First-aiders and doctors are entitled:
- Exclude from the race (by canceling the starting number) all competitors who are considered incapable of continuing the race.
- evacuate in any way a runner who is considered to be in danger.
- Hospitalize any runners whose medical condition it requires.
The choice of evacuation and hospital means is the decision of the first aid officer and the doctor.
Expenses arising from ambulance or evacuation are paid by the person who is saved, who is also responsible for all expenses related to their return from the area to the place where they are saved. The only alternative is that the racer compiles and submits the dossier to his personal insurance within a given time limit.
If for any reason it is impossible to get in touch with the headquarters, you can call the rescue service directly to the numbers listed on the BIB.
Each runner must remain on the marked road. Any runner who voluntarily leaves the marked track is no longer within the competence of the organization.
- CONTROL AND RACE STATIONS
Control is made when arriving at any booster station.
Unexpected checkpoints are placed in places that are not for rescue and refreshment. Their position was not announced by the organizations.
Only racers that have a visible and properly controlled starting number have access to floating stations.
The collision guide and relevant pages on the Internet provide a precise list of refreshing spots and offers on them.
In order to avoid wasting plastic disposable cups during a race, each racer must be fitted with a rubber stopper with a minimum volume of 15cl.
Every runner who is seen to throw the garbage out of the intended places will be punished.
Garbage bins are provided in large numbers at each booster station and must be used.
RACIAL STATIONS – CONTROL POINTS
Sacks and water bottles can only be filled with plain water. We suggest that the racers bring with them the mineral salts during the race.
When leaving each booster station, athletes must have enough fluid and food to reach the next stop. It is also possible to use mountain shelters and shops along the route, where competitors will be able to buy food and drinks.
- MAXIMUM TIME OF THE END
The maximum time to reach the goal is:
- 45 kilometers: 10 hours
- 21 kilometers: 6 hours
- 10 kilometers: no limit
Medical personnel to be deployed along the course will have the permission to stop and inspect competitors who are deemed not capable of continuing the race. In order to protect their health, competitors must follow the instructions of medical personnel. Otherwise, they will be disqualified at the moment.
The organizer will ensure transportation to the destination for all participants who give up the injury, those for which the medical staff forbids further performance, as well as those who break through the time limit. Transportation to the destination will be done according to the plan of the Coordinator of the race after a sufficient number of persons to fill the vehicle if the situation does not require an urgent transport. All competitors who drop out of the points from which it is possible to carry out the transport are obliged to reach the first next checkpoint or reinforcing station from where the vehicle will be transported further.
In the event of poor meteorological conditions and / or safety reasons, the organization reserves the right to suspend the event in progress or to change the time limits.
- BREAK AND REPATRIATION
In addition to injury, the racer must leave the collision at the checkpoints. They must warn the main person at the station who will cancel his starting number.
The racer retains his invalid number because it is still his passage for buses, meals …
The head of the station will decide on the repatriation, based on the following general rules:
- Runners who leave the second rescue or refreshing station, but whose state of health does not require evacuation must be returned as soon as possible by their means at the nearest point of repatriation;
- During the closure of the station, the organization may, to the extent available funds, repatriate the runners who have given up and are still present at the station;
- In case of unfavorable weather conditions that justify partial or complete closure of the race, the organization ensures repatriation as soon as possible from the runners who withdrew;
In case of abandonment before the checkpoint, it is necessary to return to the previous checkpoint and notify the station’s departure station leader.
If during the return, the runner meets the cleaners, they are those who cancel his number. Then the racer is no longer under the control of the organization.
For a better night vision, the markings have a part of a white reflective material that will be easily visible by the main lamp.
CAUTION: if you can no longer see markings, GO BACK!
Respecting the environment, the paths will not be used paint, only on paved roads.
It is necessary to follow the marking paths without taking shortcuts
The competitor will be disqualified by canceling the starting number if:
- does not pass through one of the control points;
- no start number;
- uses third party assistance during the race;
- uses shortcuts;
- throwing garbage along the length of the track during the race;
- do not help the competitor in trouble;
- Offenses or threats to staff / volunteers;
- use the means of transport during the race;
- Refusal by medical personnel on the track;
- refuses to check the required equipment by accredited staff on the track;
- There is no front lamp, windshield, astrophilia, liquid tank / bottle.
The penalty will apply on the spot.
The competitors can refresh and use the premises of the school, which is 50 meters away from the goal for the shower.
All objections must be written and addressed to the race director within two hours of the arrival of the respective runner.
This consists of:
- Relevant people selected for their competence by the president and director of the race
The jury is empowered to make a decision in a time compatible with the imperative of the race for all the objections lodged during the event. Decisions will be without appeal.
- MODIFICATIONS OF THE LINE OR TIME BARRIERS; CANCELLATION OF THE RACE
The organization reserves the right at all times to modify the route and positioning of points of rescue and refreshment, without warning.
In case of unfavorable weather conditions (large amounts of rain or snow at altitude, high risk of storm …), the start can be delayed only in the most hours, after which the race is canceled.
In case of bad meteorological conditions and for safety, the organization reserves the right to stop the event in progress or to change the time constraints.
- LIVING ENVIRONMENT
The race will be partly held in a protected natural park with a natural ecosystem. It is therefore necessary for the participants to fully respect the environment, especially not throwing garbage, reading flowers or harassing wild animals. Anyone on the track throwing trash will be disqualified from the race. In order to reduce the bad environmental impact, athletes are NOT supplied with plastic glasses on booster stations. Each athlete must carry his own cup of water or a bottle of water, which can be added to the booster stations.
- THE RIGHT TO USE MULTIMEDIAL CONTENT
When registering for a race, the competitor transfers all rights related to the use of the digital record by the competitors (photographs, video material, etc.) to the organizer of the race.
- Participants act on their own responsibility, without the possibility of transferring responsibility to the organizer.
- The applicants confirm their medical fitness for such a competition.
- Participants agree that the organizer may use film and photographic material recorded during the competition.
- Participants are obliged to have all required equipment.